Cereal, Muffins, Bagels, Bread… If you’re starting your day with these carb loaded, nutritionally empty foods, you’re not doing your body good. In fact, making people believe that cereal is a breakfast food is one of the biggest scams of the 21st century.
You’ve probably heard that protein is king when it comes keeping you full. There are plenty of studies, including this research, linking protein filled meals with increased satiety. There are nutrients that are essential – like protein, fats, certain vitamins, minerals, amino acids that we have to get in our diets. But carbohydrates aren’t one of these essential nutrients. Just a few cells in the body need any glucose which can be made in the body from proteins.
In fact, many studies have proved that visceral adipose tissue (the fat that collects around your midsection) is associated with higher rates of metabolic disease. Cutting back on carbs can significantly reduce these toxic fat stores.
These 2 Ingredient low carb pancakes tare easy to make, and tasty as can be!
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- Optional: vanilla or cinnamon
Cream Cheese Pancakes
- Place cream cheese and eggs in a blender.
- Blend on high until ingredients are well combined
- Let the batter sit for a few minutes while you heat the griddle ( i use this one) to 375°F
- Butter the griddle and once the butter is melted pour about two tablespoons of batter onto the griddle.
- Allow the batter to cook until golden (about 2 minutes), and cook on the other side for about another minute.
- Serve immediately.
If you do eat carbs, have some apple cider vinegar before your meals. Researchers have found that people had a slower increase in blood sugar after eating starchy carbohydrates when they consumed 1½ tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in ¼ cup water before eating. Or you can take this complex that can do wonders for your overall health – here