This Rainbow Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing is the best way to get more vitamins into your kid’s mouths! It is a super healthy blend of delicious fruits that will strengthen your immune system and prevent getting sick this winter.
Ingredients for this Easy Fruit Salad
- Strawberries – Strawberries contain high levels of B vitamins as well as vitamin C, manganese, potassium, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin K, magnesium, copper, folate, and riboflavin.
- Pineapple – Pineapple is a great source of vitamin C, manganese, vitamin B1, vitamin A and bromelain. Bromelain is an important enzyme which aids digestion. It acts as an anti inflammatory agent in the body.
- Blueberries – Blueberries are one of the richest sources of antioxidants that fight damage caused by free radicals.
- Red grapes –Red grapes are loaded with the antioxidant chemical resveratrol. It has long been recognized as a heart superfood. Research has linked resveratrol to increased life span, decreased risk of heart disease and cancer.
- Kiwi – Kiwis are rich in vitamins A, C, and E, all of which work as antioxidants that can help most respiratory issues such as coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath.
- Mandarin oranges – Mandarins are rich in vitamin C and contain vitamin A. They are also rich in nutrients and minerals such as potassium and manganese.
- Bananas – Bananas are high in fiber and three natural sugars — glucose, sucrose and fructose which provide a massive energy boost.
- Honey –Honey is loaded with probiotics, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Honey is rich in B vitamins along with vitamin C. It’s a great source of magnesium, calcium, copper, iron, sulfur and zinc.
- Limes – Limes are loaded with antioxidants that help prevent cell damage and prevent chronic health conditions like cancer, diabetes and dementia.
Rainbow Fruit Salad with Honey and Lime
2 ripe bananas
1 lb pineapple, diced
12 oz blueberries
6 oz blackberries
1 lb strawberries, sliced
3 mandarin oranges, peeled and sectioned
4 kiwis peeled and sliced
Honey Lime Dressing
1/4 cup organic honey (find it here)
2 tsp organic lime zest
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
Add the fruit to a bowl. In a separate bowl combine honey, lime juice and lime zest. Stir well. Add to the fruit mixture.
These wheatgrass flu shots are your answer to improved immunity and better health this winter season. Wheatgrass is one of the most effective healers, containing over 90 minerals, all 17 amino acids (building blocks of protein), and vitamins A, C, E, I, K and B-complex.
It is also composed of 70% chlorophyll, which is one of the best blood-builders out there. Need I say more? all you need is just one shot a day – find it here