There is a science proved reason to drink pickle juice daily. For years, athletes have been drinking pickle juice to relieve muscle cramps after exercising, and hydrate their bodies. A study published in Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise discovered that pickle juice is better than water at reducing muscle cramps. Another study found that pickle juice may lower blood sugar spikes in healthy adults. In addition, pickle juice is loaded with antioxidants and vitamins including vitamin C and E.
10 Unusual Benefits of Pickle Juice
- Sports Drink. Pickle juice contains sodium, potassium, and water, which are all needed for hydration.
- Hangover Cure. The salts in pickle juice replenish electrolytes that you lose while drinking, which help get rid of your headache.
- Relieve Leg Cramps. A study published in Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise found that pickle juice works better than water at reducing muscle cramps
- Heartburn Remedy.The acidity of pickle juice can restore stomach acidity to a healthy level.
- Cure for Hiccups.
- Great for your gut! Pickle juice is great for your gut. Since pickles are fermented, they are loaded with probiotics that can restore the lining of your gut.
- Helps Regulate Blood Sugar levels. Studies have found that when taken prior to a meal, people with type 2 diabetes had reduced blood sugar spikes.
- PMS Remedy: It works the same way as it would for a post-workout cure because it helps to hydrate the body and get rid of cramping.
- A vinegar substitute. If a recipe calls for white vinegar or apple cider vinegar, use pickle juice. It’s just as acidic and sour!
- Use in the garden. The acidity from pickle juice will help keep those weeds away!
These wheatgrass flu shots are your answer to improved immunity and better health this winter season. Wheatgrass is one of the most effective healers, containing over 90 minerals, all 17 amino acids (building blocks of protein), and vitamins A, C, E, I, K and B-complex.