Lead has been used in dishware for years in order to create bright colors and a smooth glaze.
According to the California Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Branch, some dishes are loaded with lead and can cause severe lead poisoning leading to many health problems.
According to the National Safety Council, lead can leach from your dishes into food and drinks.
Did you know that lead is harmful at any dose? The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has recently admitted that there is no safe level of exposure to lead, and that the only way to protect our health is to avoid it completely.
Even tiny amounts of lead can be toxic, as it builds up in your body over time. Lead can cause damage to your brain and nervous system. Once in the bloodstream lead is distributed to three main areas: blood, soft tissue (kidney, bone marrow, liver, and brain), and mineralized tissue (bones and teeth).
Lead can cause:
- Birth defects
- Fertility problems
- High blood pressure.
- Digestive problems.
- Nerve disorders.
- Memory and concentration problems.
- Muscle and joint pain.
If you are worried about lead in your dishes, you can buy these lead test swabs here
Here are a few guidelines you can use
- Dishes made before 1970s are much more likely to contain lead
- Dishes that have cracks and scratches can potentially leach lead into your food
- Traditional folk ceramic dishes made in other countries usually test positive for lead
DETOX TOXINS FROM YOUR BODY
Fortunately, it is quite easy and inexpensive to cleanse your body of toxic substances by using foods in your diet such as spirulina.
( you can find it here) It is known for its distinctive green color and strong odor. Spirulina is the most effective food that removes heavy metals from the nervous system and the liver. It has the most detoxifying effect on your body.