Maca powder has been around for centuries and considered by the Incas as a superfood. As one of the legends goes, Incan warriors consumed maca powder prior to battle. It helped increase their fighting spirit, strength, stamina and libido. Maca powder was valued so highly by the Incas, it was used as a form of payment. Maca powder has definitely become popular among athletes as it offers a plethora of nutrients.
What is Maca Powder?
Maca powder comes from a Peruvian root vegetable. It contains a great variety of nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, enzymes and every essential amino acid. In Peru it’s been given the name ‘aphrodisiac of the Andes’. The root of the maca plant is the most useful part which is used to produce maca powder.
Maca powder contains:
- Vitamins B1, B2, C, E,
- Minerals and trace elements such as calcium, potassium, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, silica, zinc, tin, iodine, boron, phosphorus, sulphur, silicon and bismuth
- Maca contains fatty acids, sterols, and complex alkaloids.
Maca Powder Can Boost Your Sex Drive Naturally: Health Benefits
- Maca powder improves fertility. Laboratory studies on rats have found that after being fed maca, female rats increased egg follicle development and males increased their sperm count. In Peru maca is given to livestock to improve fertility a well as strength.
- Maca powder significantly boosts your healthy energy levels. This is due to the two groups of unique compounds: macamides and macaenes. These compounds are responsible for the energy boosts in your body. Maca powder helps fight fatigue as it is high in phosphorus, manganese and iron.
- Maca powder helps balance out hormones in your body by working directly on the endocrine system. Maca powder encourages the body to produce its own hormones to restore balance, instead of introducing hormones to the body. Hormonal regulation is vitally important as it is responsible for virtually all of the body’s processes. It provides the nutrients that the body needs to naturally produce hormones. Thus, Maca powder is beneficial in easing PMS symptoms.
- Maca podwer strengthens the body and improves stamina as it possesses adaptogenic qualities which produce an adaptive response to stress. This quality can be attributed to the unique alkaloids and high amounts of minerals and vitamins.
- Maca powder increases libido in both men and women. Numerous studies have found that maca powder can significantly boost your sex drive naturally.