A coconut oil detox is a natural way to cleanse your body of toxins in a short time. It’s a very effective way to rid the body of harmful parasites, bacteria and viruses.
What makes this detox so powerful? Coconut oil consists of medium chain triglycerides, which help to strengthen and build up the immune system. Coconut oil is also high in both lauric acid and caprylic acid, which possess antiviral, antimicrobial and antifungal properties.
These substances attack harmful bacteria but leave friendly bacteria alone, which leads to a balanced gut flora in the digestive system. Studies show, coconut oil kills yeast and other fungal overgrowth in the body.
Other Benefits to Adding Coconut Oil into Your Daily Diet
According to Dr. Fife’s book, Coconut Cures: Preventing and Treating Common Health Problems with Coconut, coconut oil can :
- Improve brain health and mental clarity
- Improve digestive function
- Improve blood sugar control
- Prevent and treat degenerative brain diseases (Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, MS)
- Prevent cardiovascular disease (high blood pressure, heart attack, stroke)
- Prevent cancer
- Boost HDL (good) cholesterol
- Boost energy levels
- Boost immune function
- Lose excess body fat
- Improve thyroid function
- Improve skin tone and appearance
- Protect and restore joint function
- Balance intestinal flora
- Prevent and treat Crohn’s disease
- Protect against bacterial, viral, fungal, and parasitic infections
How to Detox with a Coconut Oil Cleanse
- First of all, you must use organic, raw extra virgin coconut oil to make sure you are getting the best possible benefits from coconut oil.
- During the cleanse it is necessary to consume as much water as possible in order to help flush out the parasites.
- If you have never taken coconut oil before, then you’ll want to let your body adjust by slowly incorporating it into your diet before trying a coconut oil detox. Start with 1/2-1 teaspoon three times per day. Gradually work your way up to 1-2 tablespoons three times daily. It may take two weeks to work up to the full amount. When you feel comfortable taking this much coconut oil, then you should be ready to start a coconut oil detox.
A coconut oil cleanse consists of mixing coconut oil in warm water and drinking it from three to seven days.
During a coconut oil detox, you need to consume 10-14 tablespoons of coconut oil daily. Two tablespoons can be taken at 2-hour intervals throughout the day.
If you can’t tolerate the taste of coconut oil, blend it with some plain, organic, unflavored, unsweetened yogurt.
You can also eat no more than 4 ounces of fresh, non-dried, unsweetened coconut meat which is rich in fiber and nourishes the good bacteria in your gut.
Remember, if you have any medical conditions, consult your physician before trying a coconut oil cleanse.
For More Information: