Vaseline is made of petroleum jelly which is basically a byproduct of the oil industry. Did you know that petroleum products are harmful to my health? Petroleum jelly forms a seal over the skin, thus disrupting the bodies ability to eliminate toxins through the pores. Recent studies reported by the Chemtox website suggest dangerous side effects of toxic petroleum ingredients: “Petroleum based chemicals are being found to cause significant attritional effects to the nervous system and immune system after prolonged exposure. Illnesses identified in the medical research include adult and child cancers, numerous neurological disorders, immune system weakening, autoimmune disorders [and more].”
- In a small sauce pan, over low to medium heat, warm coconut oil and beeswax until melted.
- Remove from heat and add olive oil.
- Whisk until all ingredients are well combined.
- Continue to whisk as mixture cools, whisk until mixture is creamy yet still pourable.
- Pour into your favorite jar or shallow dish and enjoy!
This homemade Vaseline will keep fresh on the counter for up to a year.