Morning breath can be deadly, literally. Nobody likes bad breath, we don’t like it on ourselves and we certainly don’t like it on others. Aside from the odor and social consequences of bad breath, most of us don’t even know that there are actual health consequences to bad breath.
In fact, one of the primary drivers of increased life expectancy over the past 150 years has been improved dental hygiene. According to Dr. Gerry Curatola, with over 30 years in the field of biological dentistry, advanced periodontal and gum disease can increase a person’s risk of heart attack by 10%. For those with Gum Disease, they have a 700% increased risk of having diabetes.
The problem stems from the inflammation associated with the release of C-proteins by the liver to combat the bacteria that enters the blood from the mouth and gut. This protein causes internal inflammation that has very detrimental health consequences. “This inflammation has very, very deleterious effects on just about every major organ system – from Alzheimer’s to stroke, heart disease, and diabetes,” Dr. Curatola explains.
One of the main ways you can reduce bacteria in your mouth and gut (consequently reducing bad breath as well) is to rinse your mouth out first thing in the morning (before drinking that morning cup of coffee or even a glass of water) with 1-3% concentrated Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide.
Essential Oxygen Hydrogen Peroxide 3% Food Grade, 32 Fluid Ounce
Conventional mouthwashes, which claim to be anti-microbial and anti-bacterial, are indeed affective at killing the bad bacteria associated with bad breath. However, they also kill the good bacterial associated with immunity and proper digestion. Since most good bacteria is aerobic and bad bacteria is anaerobic, the high oxygen content of the Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) creates an oxygen rich environment that kills off the anaerobic bacteria (bad bacteria) while helping the aerobic bacteria (good bacteria )thrive.
Hydrogen Peroxide Mouth Rinse
Make sure to always use Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide as the regular stuff in the pharmacy has many other ingredients to improve shelf life that are harmful when taken internally. Also, never swallow Hydrogen peroxide and keep away from eyes and children. Also, you can purchase Food Grade hydrogen peroxide in concentrated levels up to 30%. However, this will burn your mouth. Always dilute with filtered water to no more than 3% concentrate.